Legends of the Galaxy
Sign up Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
apHywel

Padawan
Registered:
Posts: 2
Reply with quote  #1 
I maybe barking up the wrong tree, but have downloaded the zip file from gitlab of the SW-Database-master file that has all the .xml files.  However if I import it to the builder it states it is not a database archive.  What step am I missing or is this not something I should be doing anyway?  A friend was slowly putting all the details from the rulesbooks back in to the builder, was hoping that is what this is.
0
NicoJMont

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 90
Reply with quote  #2 
I experienced the same thing.  You did not miss a step it seems that there is an issue with that zip file.  I will look into resolving the issue.
__________________

  Star Wars Legends of the Galaxy

Community Driven Roleplaying Experience

Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, Force and Destiny
Experiencing Adventure and Excitement in a Galaxy Far, Far Away....

[CE77BF6B-155D-0078-0B34C2D6DCEFAB9D]
 

0
Bront

Padawan
Registered:
Posts: 6
Reply with quote  #3 
All the XML files should be in a folder named DataSet_Full DataSet (or DataSet_whatever) for them to import porperly, from there, they should be stored like GitLab has them (some free XMLs, some full folders).  You need to adjust the GitLab Zip.
0
apHywel

Padawan
Registered:
Posts: 2
Reply with quote  #4 
Many thanks, worked perfectly except for the force powers which I understand have an issue.
0
viddwizard

Avatar / Picture

Padawan
Registered:
Posts: 9
Reply with quote  #5 
probably still better off getting the 2.3.0.0 file from Big Tent -- http://www.bigtent.com/group/folder
0
FLHTCU

Padawan
Registered:
Posts: 10
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by viddwizard
probably still better off getting the 2.3.0.0 file from Big Tent -- http://www.bigtent.com/group/folder


I've tried, several times, but it won't download...  have been trying for over a month now, and nothing happens..  I click on "download" a new tab opens, and just sit there for as long as I'll leave it up, but nothing is downloading.  Normally when that tab opens a download window opens shortly and the file starts to download, but not this time.
0
NicoJMont

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 90
Reply with quote  #7 
I thought BigTent was taken down hence why we transitioned here on Legends of the Galaxy for our discussions.

The new data files are now located on Gitlab - https://gitlab.com/rikus01/SW-Database

Have you tried this link?  Are the download files not working here?  I have now tried using them myself yet.  

If there is issue with the new download I need to know so we can work on fixing the issue.



__________________

  Star Wars Legends of the Galaxy

Community Driven Roleplaying Experience

Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, Force and Destiny
Experiencing Adventure and Excitement in a Galaxy Far, Far Away....

[CE77BF6B-155D-0078-0B34C2D6DCEFAB9D]
 

0
FLHTCU

Padawan
Registered:
Posts: 10
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoJMont
I thought BigTent was taken down hence why we transitioned here on Legends of the Galaxy for our discussions.

The new data files are now located on Gitlab - https://gitlab.com/rikus01/SW-Database

Have you tried this link?  Are the download files not working here?  I have now tried using them myself yet.  

If there is issue with the new download I need to know so we can work on fixing the issue.




Yes I tried it when it first came out, and lost data that I'd already had (didn't backup properly, my bad).
0
viddwizard

Avatar / Picture

Padawan
Registered:
Posts: 9
Reply with quote  #9 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHTCU


I've tried, several times, but it won't download...  have been trying for over a month now, and nothing happens..  I click on "download" a new tab opens, and just sit there for as long as I'll leave it up, but nothing is downloading.  Normally when that tab opens a download window opens shortly and the file starts to download, but not this time.


I'm temporarily hosting in on my dropbox for a couple of members of my SW group who have trouble getting it as well.. 

If you would like to see if you can download it from me, I'm happy to help out 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qm4d8l7g3e8n0qr/AAA1l3I08_Pc-2T3keZ-Rb_oa?dl=0

VW~

(update to new sharing link)

0
viddwizard

Avatar / Picture

Padawan
Registered:
Posts: 9
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoJMont
I thought BigTent was taken down hence why we transitioned here on Legends of the Galaxy for our discussions.



They will be down at the end of the year... the Gitlab hosting might be a good solution, but currently there are two major hurdles.

1. It is not as up to-date as the Big Tent File. 

2. When you do download the gitlab file, the zip is not formatted for importing.
  • The file will say it is not a valid data set. You have to unzip it, rename the folder then RE-ZIP it. -- a huge PITA, and something that should be fixable. 
So, I'd suggest we get with the founder if the Gitlab site, and work on getting these things fixed, and then we would have a solid solution 😉 
0
FLHTCU

Padawan
Registered:
Posts: 10
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by viddwizard



I'm temporarily hosting in on my dropbox for a couple of members of my SW group who have trouble getting it as well.. 

If you would like to see if you can download it from me, I'm happy to help out

https://www.dropbox.com/home/rpgs/Star_Wars_(Fantasy_Flight)/oggdude 

VW~



Thanks.. but I tried to go there, it redirects to my dropbox, and tells me the directory rpgs/Star_Wars_(Fantasy_Flight)/oggdude  does not exist.  I'm not really up on how to use it, always has been simple in the past, and I try not to use online storage.
0
viddwizard

Avatar / Picture

Padawan
Registered:
Posts: 9
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHTCU


Thanks.. but I tried to go there, it redirects to my dropbox, and tells me the directory rpgs/Star_Wars_(Fantasy_Flight)/oggdude  does not exist.  I'm not really up on how to use it, always has been simple in the past, and I try not to use online storage.


Very strange... try this link -- https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qm4d8l7g3e8n0qr/AAA1l3I08_Pc-2T3keZ-Rb_oa?dl=0

Seems my original sharing link went kaput! 
0
FLHTCU

Padawan
Registered:
Posts: 10
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by viddwizard


Very strange... try this link -- https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qm4d8l7g3e8n0qr/AAA1l3I08_Pc-2T3keZ-Rb_oa?dl=0

Seems my original sharing link went kaput! 


That let me in, and the download seemed to work fine.  I put it in: C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\SWCharGen\DataCustom\DataSet_Full DataSet (I think that is where I was told to put it, and my own edits have been to Full DataSet). 

I think my copy of something is out of whack as everything works fine except the Specialization file.  It has Advisor thru Figurehead with the custom data the rest show it just as the "Please see page 84 of the Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook for details." type entry.
0
viddwizard

Avatar / Picture

Padawan
Registered:
Posts: 9
Reply with quote  #14 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHTCU


That let me in, and the download seemed to work fine.  I put it in: C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\SWCharGen\DataCustom\DataSet_Full DataSet (I think that is where I was told to put it, and my own edits have been to Full DataSet). 

I think my copy of something is out of whack as everything works fine except the Specialization file.  It has Advisor thru Figurehead with the custom data the rest show it just as the "Please see page 84 of the Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook for details." type entry.


I'd recommend using the DATA EDITOR and import the zip file properly, it should help assure everything is imported, also you can see what other "dead" data sets you might still be dragging around with you and remove them... I have "default" and "full set" (this file) listed in the data editor. 

You can find the EXE in the same folder, OR use the Launcher. 

0
FLHTCU

Padawan
Registered:
Posts: 10
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by viddwizard



I'd recommend using the DATA EDITOR and import the zip file properly, it should help assure everything is imported, also you can see what other "dead" data sets you might still be dragging around with you and remove them... I have "default" and "full set" (this file) listed in the data editor. 

You can find the EXE in the same folder, OR use the Launcher. 



Thanks... I forgot about that button.  I tried, but got a long error message, attached it as .png file.  No idea what to do about it, or how to get around it.

0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.